RENEWING A PASSPORT BY MAIL
For an Adult passport renewal, you must be 18 years and over and you will need a passport that:
- was issued when you were aged 16 or older
- was issued on or after 1 January 2006
- had, when it was issued, at least two years’ validity
- has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender, and
- has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
If your answers are yes to all the above, complete your passport renewal application (PC7) online and return it to us by courier.
If you don’t meet these criteria, you’ll need lodge your application in person by appointment. You can book your appointment here:
Please contact us on [email protected] or +603 2146 5575 for further advice.
GUIDELINES FOR ADULT RENEWAL APPLICATION (PC7) BY COURIER
1. Complete your renewal application form online
- The application must be lodged within six months of completion
2. Print and sign your application form
- Print your application on plain white A4 paper, using black ink only. Make sure your form has printed in full and isn't cut off at the top or bottom of the page, especially the barcode.
- Sign and date the form using black pen, within the signature box. Application forms with signatures that go beyond the white box / signature box will not be accepted. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature and/or the date.
- You cannot download blank forms.
- Two recent identical colour photos, less than six months old with your full name written on the back of one photo.
- It is important that you refer to the photo guidelines for more information and for presentation to the photo studio for acceptable photos. Unacceptable photos are the most common reason for rejection of applications and delay in processing time, therefore ensure that photo guidelines provided are followed.
- Passport photos taken in Malaysian photography shops are often digitally altered and do not meet the Australian passport photograph guidelines. We recommend that you obtain a soft copy of your photos and email to [email protected], as we may need to reprint your photo if the copy printed by shop is digitally altered.
Do NOT attach the photos to the form, leave them loose in an envelope.
- Payment must be made by Malaysian bank draft or Pos Malaysia money order only. We do not accept cash, card, or personal cheques.
- Bank drafts and money order should be made payable to the "AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION” with the exact amount.
- Payment can only be made in Malaysian Ringgit. Click here for latest passport fees.
5. Courier your application to
Australian High Commission
Consular and Passport Section
6, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
50450 Kuala Lumpur
6. How long will it take?
Please allow a minimum of six weeks to receive a new passport. Application process will only start from the time when all mandatory requirements are met. Please note incomplete applications will cause delays.
7. New passport collection
Once the new passport is ready, you will be notified by phone or email. You can either collect your new passport directly from our office in person or organise a courier pick up service.
If you arrange a courier pick up, please forward the airway bill attachment via email to [email protected]
8. Activation of the New passport
Once you have received your new passport, please complete the collection acknowledgment slip form and e-mail it to [email protected] and we will activate your new passport. Please note that failure to notify us on the receipt of your passport may cause inconvenience when you travel.
You will need to arrange with the Malaysian Department of Immigration to transfer your Malaysian visa (including visa on arrival) from your old passport to your new passport. Malaysian Immigration will not allow you to leave the country if you have not transferred the visa to your current passport. Before you transfer your visa, we recommend you physically cancel your old passport. You can cancel your old passport by holding the passport cover page and the biodata page together and cutting the MRZ code off (MRZ code looks like <<<1234>>>, which is at the bottom part of your biodata page). Once your old passport has been physically cancelled, please destroy the MRZ codes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I send my current passport with the renewal application?
- How will I know if/when my application has been received?
- You will be contacted once we have received your application at the High Commission
- What if I need to travel urgently, but already mailed in my renewal application?
- Please contact us on +603 2146 5575 to discuss options.
- Will the mission post my new passport to me?
- You can either collect your new passport in person directly from our office or organise a courier pick up service. If you arrange a courier pick up, please forward the airway bill attachment via email to [email protected]
- What if I cannot access the online portal to complete and print my PC7 renewal application?
- Contact us on +603 2146 5575 to request a pre-filled PC7 renewal form which can be emailed to you.