Australia’s Trade with Malaysia - 2008/2009**
Australia’s Exports to Malaysia
Australian goods exports increased by 8.6% to RM11.2 billion in 2008/09. Malaysia is the 12th biggest market for Australian goods.
Significant exports 2008/09:
• Coal RM1,239 billion
• Aluminium RM1,208 billion
• Copper RM892 million
• Crude oil RM767 million
• Wheat RM626 million
• Medicaments (incl veterinary) RM516 million
• Zinc RM451 million
• Milk & cream RM295 million
• Machinery & transport equipment RM247 million
• Ferrous waste & scrap RM208 million
Malaysia is also a major buyer of Australian wheat and sugar.
Australia’s Imports from Malaysia
Australian goods imports from Malaysia in 2008/09 increased by 3% to RM25 billion. Malaysia is the 8th biggest supplier to Australia.
Significant imports 2008/09:
• Crude Oil RM8,145 billion
• Computers & Parts RM2,779 billion
• TV’s and Radio’s RM2,701 billion
• Telecoms Equipment RM841 million
• Furniture, mattresses & cushions RM638 million
• Fats and Oils RM590 million
• Electronic integrated circuits RM551 million
• Machinery & transport equipment RM489 million
• Chemicals RM447 million
• Refined petroleum RM344 million
Australia’s Services Trade with Malaysia (2008/09)
• Two-way trade services in 2008/09 was RM7.9 billion with Australian services exports accounting for RM4.8 billion of this.
• Major Australian services exports to Malaysia are education and tourism.
** Figures are based on an Exchange Rate of A$1.00 to RM3.00