Australian High Commission


Overseas Passport Application (PC8)

If you are applying for a passport for a child, or if you are an adult and are not eligible to use the PC7 form, you must use the PC8 form.

All applications must be lodged in person by the applicant or by one person with parental responsibility for the minor. Minors aged 10 years and above must sign section 18 of the application form. Application fees are paid when you lodge the application.

Please take some time to read the instructions on the application form carefully, and visit Passports Online. We cannot accept your application until all requirements are met. Applications must be completed in black ink pen.

We are required to sight original documents for ALL applications. We do not accept copies, or certified true copies, under any circumstances. All documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by an English translation by an official translator.

Please be aware the following will apply from 1 January 2016:

10 year validity passports for 16 and 17 year olds. Both the child and a parent will be required to attend the appointment and the parental consent page must be completed.

How do I get a PC8 form?

  • visit to complete the form online, and then print it; OR
  • if you do not have internet access, or are unable to print the form, contact us on +603-2146 5575; OR
  • collect the forms at the Consular/Passports Office, Australian High Commission, 6 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, Kuala Lumpur.

Adult Application Checklist
Minor Application Checklist

Photographs for PC8 applications

Please supply two recent passport photographs (not more than six-months old). Read the strict requirements carefully to ensure your photographs are acceptable.

Photos taken in Malaysian photograph shops are mostly digitally altered and does not meet the Australian passport photograph guidelines. We recommend that when you take photos for your passport application, please obtain a soft copy.  The soft copy can sent by email or saved in a disc. Please bring the soft copy (copy can be emailed to [email protected] ) with you when you attend your passport interview as we may need to reprint your photo if the copy printed by shop is digitally altered.

The back of one photograph must be endorsed (by the person who completed Section 11) with "This is a true photograph of ...... (Applicant name in full)" and signed by the Guarantor.

Parental Consent for Minor applications