AUSTRALIAN FOOD TRAIL PHOTO COMPETITION
Photo credit: The Red Beanbag
DISCOVER THE TASTE OF AUSTRALIA
Australia has cemented its reputation as a foodie hotspot, with some of the finest produce and innovative dining scenes around. But what makes Australian cuisine so unique?
Australia’s bountiful, fresh produce and rich ethnic diversity has created one of the most exciting and multicultural cuisines in the world. Combine this with the friendly, down-to-earth nature Australians are known for and you have a unique dining experience based around enjoying tasty, creative and fresh food in an open and relaxed setting.
Just like in Malaysia, food is at the heart of Australian culture and you may be surprised to know that there are many culinary connections between our two nations. Iconic Malaysian dishes such as laksa, satay and mee goreng have become national favourites in Australia. In return, many restaurants and cafes with Australian influences are popping up across Malaysia. We are proud to partner with some of these outlets on this campaign. Come join us to discover what Australian food is all about, for the chance to win a grand prize of 2 x return economy flights from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Perth, Australia, courtesy of Malindo Air worth RM9,000.
Consolation prizes of health screening vouchers covering 32 pathology tests courtesy of Gribbles Pathology, worth RM72 each, will also be up for grabs.
HOW IT WORKS
The Australian Food Trail will run from Monday, 1 May 2017 to Friday, 26 May 2017 across Malaysia. All you have to do is:
1. Visit one of our participating outlets (list below)
2. Order their special ‘Australian Food Trail Campaign’ meal
3. Take a photo of your meal
4. Share the photo on Facebook and tag #MYOzFood and us, @AusinMalaysia
WHO CAN ENTER
Entry is open to all Malaysian citizens or permanent residents who follow us on our Facebook page. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parental consent.
You can enter as many times as you like!
We have 14 participating venues across Malaysia:
• Bon Ton in Langkawi
• Bonfire in Kuala Lumpur
• Breakfast Thieves in Kuala Lumpur
• Burps and Giggles in Ipoh
• China House in Penang
• Common Man Coffee Roasters in Kuala Lumpur
• Drift Dining in Kuala Lumpur
• Enak KL in Kuala Lumpur
• Indulgence Restaurant & Living in Ipoh
• Marble 8 in Kuala Lumpur
• Ruyi & Lyn in Kuala Lumpur
• Southern Rock Seafood Restaurant Kuala Lumpur
• The Red Beanbag in Kuala Lumpur
• Toowoomba Deli and Meats in Kuala Lumpur
If you have any questions about the Competition, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or private message us on our Facebook page.
Photo credit: Common Man Coffee Roasters
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE AUSTRALIAN FOOD TRAIL PHOTO COMPETITION.
- The Australian Food Trail Photo Competition (“Competition”) is organised by the Australian High Commission, Kuala Lumpur (“AHCKL”).
- These terms and conditions establish the parameters under which you (“Participant/s”) are entitled to participate in the Competition. By entering the Competition, Participants confirm they have read, understood and agree to abide by, these terms and conditions.
- Subject to paragraph 4 below, the Competition is open to all Malaysian citizens and Malaysian permanent residents who meet the following criteria:
a. are aged 18 or over as at time of entering the Competition; and
b. follow AHCKL on its Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/ausinmalaysia).
- Employees of AHCKL or its attached agencies and/or their immediate family members may not enter the Competition. Immediate family member means spouse, defacto partner, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparent and/or siblings (and their spouses).
- AHCKL reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Participant and to exclude and/or disqualify Participants if they:
a. do not meet the requirements set out in paragraph 3 above;
b. breach these terms and conditions; and/or
c. are in AHCKL’s view, likely to bring AHCKL into disrepute.
- The Competition commences at 6.00am (Malaysia time), Monday, 1 May 2017 and concludes at 11.00pm (Malaysia time), Friday, 26 May 2017 (“Competition Period”). Late or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
How to Enter
- To enter the Competition, Participants must
- visit one of the participating outlets, listed in Appendix A below (“Participating Outlets”);
- order their identified ‘Australian Food Trail Campaign’ dish (“Campaign Dish”);
- take a photo of your Campaign Dish; and
- share the photo on Facebook and tag #MYOzFood and AHCKL’s Facebook account - @AusinMalaysia.
- Entries must be submitted via Facebook on an account, which is open and not private. Entries which are not submitted via an open Facebook account cannot be attributed to the Participant properly, and therefore will not be considered eligible for the Competition.
- Photos must not:
- show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation or any obligations owed by Participants to third parties;
- include an image of a person/s unless you have their consent, or where that person/s is under the age of 18, the consent of their parent or guardian; or
- contain any third-party materials, content and/or trademarks that Participants do not have permission to use.
- Participants are only entitled to submit one photo per Campaign Dish purchased, but are welcome to visit as many participating outlets and order as many Campaign Dishes as they like. Therefore, Participants may enter the Competition multiple times.
- Unless otherwise specified, AHCKL will not be responsible for any costs Participants incur in entering this Competition.
- The following prizes (“Prize/s)” are available to be won in the Competition:
- Grand Prize: two (2) return economy tickets from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Perth, Australia courtesy of Malindo Airways Sdn Bhd (“Malindo”). The Grand Prize is valid from June 2017 to December 2017 and is exclusive of taxes and other fees. The winner of the Grand Prize will be reimbursed for the cost of these taxes by AHCKL;
- Consolation Prizes: health-screening vouchers, courtesy of Gribbles Pathology (M) Sdn Bhd (“Gribbles”), entitling the holder of each voucher to 32 pathology tests at any Gribbles Pathology Laboratory in Malaysia, including full blood examination, renal function test, liver function test, diabetic screen, lipid studies and urine FEME. Each Daily Prize is worth approximately RM72 and is valid until 31 January 2018.
- In addition, selected entries will be displayed on AHCKL’s website, social media pages and/or other promotional channels.
- The Prizes are given "as is" without any warranty, and are not transferable or exchangeable for cash.
- The Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by Gribbles or Malindo (as applicable) and must be redeemed by the winner directly with those entities. AHCKL will not be responsible, or intervene in, any dispute between the Participant and Gribbles or Malindo (as applicable).
- In the event the stated Prizes are, for any reason, unavailable, AHCKL reserves the right to substitute them with an alternative prize, without prior notice. AHCKL will make best endeavours to provide alternative prizes of an equivalent value.
- Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, AHCKL will not be responsible for any costs which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes, including the cost of making necessary travel arrangements to redeem the Grand Prize.
How Prize winners are selected
- Subject to paragraph 20 below, the winners of the Grand Prize and Consolation Prizes will be selected by a panel of AHCKL staff from all eligible entries submitted during the Competition Period. This decision is at the complete discretion of AHCKL and will be made on the basis of criteria including, but not limited to:
- how well the photo captures the Australian Food Trail Campaign objectives; and
- the quality, composition and creativeness of the photo.
- AHCKL’s decisions as to the winners of the Prizes shall be final and AHCKL will not enter into any further correspondence in this respect.
- In the event it is discovered after selection of a Prize winner that they do not meet the Competition eligibility requirements or if they are subsequently disqualified by AHCKL, AHCKL will have the right to re-select a winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
How winners will be notified
- The Prize winners will be published by AHCKL on its Facebook page after the conclusion of the Competition Period by ‘tagging’ them in AHCKL’s post.
- AHCKL will also notify each Prize winner on Facebook Messenger within two business days of publishing the result. At this time, AHCKL will also seek their details (name, age, Malaysian state of residence) (“Personal Details”) and contact details, to organise collection of the Prizes.
- Prize winners must provide the Personal Details and contact details within five (5) business days of the request by AHCKL. If the winner fails to provide AHCKL with the requested details within this timeframe, they will forfeit their Prize and AHCKL reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all correspondence will be deemed to be successful once recorded as sent by AHCKL and once received by AHCKL on its Facebook Page and/or computer records.
- Apart from as specified in paragraphs 21 to 24 above, AHCKL will not be obliged to issue any reminder or further notification regarding the collection of the Prizes.
- Each participant is required to notify AHCKL immediately if there is any update to their Personal Details, contact details or Facebook account details.
Collecting the Prizes
- Unless otherwise agreed, all Prizes will be sent electronically to each Prize winner using the contact details provided by the winner. For the avoidance of doubt, all Prizes sent electronically will be taken to be delivered once sent by AHCKL, as evidenced by AHCKL’s computer records.
- Prize winners may be required to show their IC, Passport, Driving License or other appropriate form of photo identification, in order to redeem their Prizes.
- No correspondence regarding these terms and conditions will be entertained. AHCKL reserves its rights to determine an outcome and act as it deems fit in any dispute/s and/or issue/s relating thereto.
Privacy and intellectual property
- Each Participant warrants that:
- the entry is their own, original work and that they have full rights to use the relevant photos and own the copyright therein;
- the entry does not infringe the rights, including intellectual property rights, of a third party;
- each individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years, the Participant warrants that a parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
- the entry is their own, original work and that they have full rights to use the relevant photos and own the copyright therein;
- By entering the Competition, each Participant grants AHCKL:
- the right to use his/her Personal Details, likeness and/or Facebook posts for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Competition or publishing Prize winners on AHCKL’s Facebook page or website (http://malaysia.highcommission.gov.au/klpr/home.html); and
- a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license (with a right to sublicense) to use, republish, edit and/or modify Participants’ Competition entry, for purposes connected with the Competition and the work of the AHCKL.
- In using Participants’ Personal Details, likeness, Facebook posts and/or Competition entries, AHCKL will endeavour to maintain the integrity of the original entry and provide a credit for all entries.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
- To the extent permitted by law, each Participant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless AHCKL from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from that person’s participation in the Competition and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
- AHCKL is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information in the offer or administration of the Competition, including but not limited to, errors in any publishing of these terms and conditions, selection or announcement of any winner, distribution of any Prize and software or network errors.
- AHCKL reserves the right to vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions, at any time, in its sole absolute discretion and without prior notice and a Participants’ continued participation in the Competition amounts to acceptance of these revised terms and conditions.
- Participants should ensure they check AHCKL’s website on a regular basis for any changes. If a Participant does not agree to a change, they may withdraw from the Competition by emailing email@example.com.
- Failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions by AHCKL in any instance/s does not constitute any waiver by AHCKL of its rights which shall be expressly reserved.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of the Competition is not capable of being run as planned, including by way of a computer virus or causes beyond the control of AHCKL, AHCKL reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, at its sole discretion. In the event of such cancellation, termination or modification, AHCKL may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prizes in respect of this Competition.
The Participating Outlets are: