Australian High Commission


Which form do I complete?

Adults who are renewing their Australian passports overseas can use the Australian Passport Renewal Application Form (PC7) if ALL of the following are true: 

  • your current passport has not expired for more than 3 years,
  • your current passport was issued to you after you had reached the age of 18,
  • your most recent passport is not damaged,
  • your current passport is/was valid for over 2 years, and
  • you are not applying to change any of your personal details included on the passport.

All other applicants must use the Overseas Passport Application Form (PC8). This includes the following applicants: 

  • your previous passport was issued when you were a minor under 18 years of age;
  • your previous passport was an ordinary passport with less than 2 years validity or an Emergency Passport;
  • your previous passport is unavailable;
  • you are renewing a child\'s passport;
  • your previous passport was lost or stolen;
  • you have changed your personal details;
  • you are renewing a passport which expired over 12 years from the date of issue; or
  • you are renewing a passport which has been seriously damaged